JCFPD respond to smoke-filled Casey's General Store

Johnson County Fire Protection District firefighters investigate the source of smoke Friday, Nov. 29, at Casey’s General Store, 4 S.E. 125 Road.

WARRENSBURG — Johnson County Fire Protection District One firefighters responded at 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 29, to Casey’s General Store, 4 S.E. 125 Road, where smoke had filled the building.

Employees and customers evacuated the building.

After investigating the source of the smoke, the JCFPD said a furnace overheated which caused smoke to fill the building.

The building was deemed safe to re-enter at 11:45 a.m.

Staff Writer Sara Lawson can be reached by emailing sara.lawson@dsjnow.com or by calling (660) 747-8123.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.