JOHNSON COUNTY — Johnson County Community Health Services has released information in relation to the age and location of the confirmed positive cases of coronavirus in Johnson County as of Friday, Sept. 25.
JCCHS states that of the 1,173 confirmed positive cases in the county, 936 cases are considered recovered while 232 are still active.
JCCHS states 17.9% of positive cases were asymptomatic while 82.1% of positive cases were symptomatic.
To be considered recovered, the Johnson County Task Force states a person who had tested positive, must be seven days post onset of symptoms and 72 hours fever free without the use of fever-reducing medication.
Of the 1,173 total cases reported by JCCHS, 826 came from Warrensburg for a total of 70.4% of the total cases.
JCCHS states that 652, 78.9%, of the cases reported in Warrensburg were recovered while 174 were still active.
Of the remaining cases in the county, JCCHS states there were:
- 135 total cases (11.5% of cases in the county) reported in communities in the county with a population of 2,500 people or less, 117 were recovered (86.7% in that category) while 18 were still active;
- 117 total cases (10% of cases in county) reported in Knob Noster, 98 were recovered (83.8% of cases in Knob Noster) while 19 were still active;
- 68 total cases (5.8% of the cases in the county) reported in Holden, 49 were recovered (72.1% of cases in Holden) while 19 were still active;
- 27 total cases (2.3% of cases in the county) reported in Kingsville, 20 were recovered (74.1% of cases in Kingsville) while seven were still active.
JCCHS also broke down the number of cases by age groups.
As of Sept. 25, of the 1,173 cases in the county, 386 of those cases had been reported from those ages 20 to 24.
The age group with the second most reported cases was the age group of 10 to 19 with 216 cases.
Case numbers for all age groups include:
- 24 from the age group of 0 to 9;
- 216 from the age group of 10 to 19;
- 386 from the age group of 20 to 24;
- 87 from the age group of 25 to 29;
- 65 from the age group of 30 to 34;
- 55 from the age group of 35 to 39;
- 49 from the age group of 40 to 44;
- 44 from the age group of 45 to 49;
- 42 from the age group of 50 to 54;
- 30 from the age group of 55 to 59;
- 37 from the age group of 60 to 64;
- 23 from the age group of 65 to 69;
- 29 from the age group of 70 to 74;
- 24 from the age group of 75 to 79;
- 61 from the age group of 80 years of age and older;
- One from an unknown age group